- Start the conversation by touching Alex's shoulder.
- The "be-beep" sound means Alex | PCS is listening and you can begin talking.
Interact with Alex | PCS as you would with any human patient: using good communication techniques.
- Use a natural, normal pace: not too fast, and not too slow.
Pause after each question and listen for Alex’s answer.
Be patient, ask your next question right after his answer. If you jump into your next question too quickly, Alex may not hear your first few words.
- Use appropriate or strategic medical jargon: use words you would use with a human patient.
- If Alex didn’t understand, try rephrasing the question.
Ask one question at a time.
- Avoid multiple or stacked questions. Just like with real patients, incorrect use of questions may result in erroneous information or omission of pertinent data. If you ask ALEX, “Do you drink, smoke, or use any recreational drugs?”, Alex will admit to using one substance and omit the others.
Avoid leading questions.
- Leading questions tend to supply a particular answer for the patient. Avoid questions like “You’ve never had anything like this before, right?” Alex is not yet capable of properly addressing leading questions.
Be mindful with follow up questions containing pronouns.
- AI & neural networks aren’t yet on par with the human brain when it comes to understanding conversation context, so when asking follow-up questions that use the same subject as the previous question be mindful that you may have to repeat or clarify your question. For example,
Learner: “Are you taking any medications?”
Alex: “I take Tylenol sometimes, like when I have a headache”.
Leaner: “How often is that?” or “How often does that happen?”
- A better question may be, “How often do you take Tylenol?”, or an even better first question may be to clarify “Are you taking any prescription medications?” or “Are you taking any over the counter medications?”
Ending the Interview
- End the conversation by touching the shoulder, or saying “Thank you ALEX”. He will confirm he is no longer listening with the “be-boop” sound.
Still have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the online chat in your personalized menu at app.pcs.ai.