PCS Spark is your virtual patient. Built on the latest machine learning technologies, the PCS Engine delivers conversational AI for patient-provider interview training.
You can check vitals for your virtual patient, take a listen to their heart, and perform different physical examination which are all based on the specific case.
Simulator owners have access to a simulator upon receiving the welcome or a sharing email. Check your inbox for the welcome/sharing email.
Go to app.pcs.ai and log in or sign up, if you don’t already have a PCS account. Once logged in, you will see this screen:
Click the "Start" and select any of the patients from the drop down:
The control buttons in the top and the menu on the bottom of the screen help you quickly navigate during the simulation.
Several bundled patients are available with PCS Spark, corresponding to specific interview scenarios. Each patient has specific complaints, symptoms and past history, allowing for a wide array of topics to cover.
You can stop/pause the running simulation with the control buttons, activate the AI conversation and see the timer:
- Time elapsed during the session.
- The microphone icon is to activate conversation with the AI. You'll hear a "beep-beep" sound indicating the AI is listening.
- Pause (available only for faculty / sim owners) to pause and resume the session.
- Stop button to stop and exit the simulation session.
- Use the arrows to expand or close the video, virtual patient monitor, vitals sounds.
- Type new memos and add them in the logs.
- Click any of the menu icons on the bottom to jump to the relevant window.
Now that the simulation is running, check out the different physical exam tools and findings:
- The physical exam button transitions the patient into physical examination mode and back.
- When in Physical Exam mode, chose from the available tools and hover the mouse pointer over the body of the patient to see what physical exam is available at what location.
- Push down the mouse button to place the displayed instrument on the patient at that particular location.
Whether in Physical Exam mode or not, the patient can be asked verbal clinical interview questions at any time when the patient is in listening mode, as indicated by the toggled microphone icon in the toolbar.
Click on the inverted Physical Exam mode button to exit the physical exam mode.
After stopping, the session is available for you in the simulation archives.
You can search the simulation archive for keyword, date and date-ranges and name and email. Archive sessions are sortable by name, date and length.
Read more about interviewing tips and techniques of the AI.
Share simulator control with your colleagues and faculty.
Grant your learners access to the simulator to interview the patients you enable for them.