If you haven’t learned about setting up for automatic state transitions yet, start here.
As you can see, you will need to tell your patient state the criterion / criteria that triggers the specific patient state to launch (as explained here). Once you’ve got you’ve created the criterion / or set of criteria, you will need to need to tell your patient how the criteria you create should be completed in order for the state to launch and starting from when the program should watch for your criteria to this specific state.
You'll first need to define how the criteria you create should be completed in order for the state to kick in. You can choose between
- "all in any order" - meaning all criteria you list here happens but it doesn't matter in which order
- "all in this order" - meaning all criteria you list here happens, but they must happen in this strict order
- or once you've added a list of criteria you'll also be able to set that any 1 or any 2 (or any number of the listed criteria ) are met for this state to begin;
Next you'll need to tell ALEX since when he should be watching for these criteria:
- "the simulation" - the criteria has been met any time since simulation start
- "current state" - the criteria has been met during only the state that is currently running
- "initial patient state" - the criteria has been met during the initial patient state was running
- any other patient state you've created - the criteria has been met during the specific state was running
Learn about the different types of criteria you can set as triggers for a state to kick in here.