To verify that the ethernet port you are trying to hook your ALEX PCS up to is live and working, please go through the following:
- Take out the end of the ethernet cable that is plugged into ALEX
- Leave the other end of the ethernet cable in the ethernet port of your choice.
- Then plug the end of the cable removed from ALEX into a laptop or computer.
- Make sure no other ethernet cable is connected to the laptop or computer.
- Finally, once connected try to visit a website (cnn.com or google.com will do). See if the pages load - verifying your wifi network is live..
If during the above steps you notice your laptop or computer has no internet, or your device shows connected to the network, but you are unable to load any webpages please turn to your local IT to ensure you have a live ethernet port available to you.
If you are able to connect and load webpages, but it seems it’s only ALEX that can’t connect , please check with your local IT specialist if ALEX’s network requirements are met on your chosen wired connection.
Need more help with getting ALEX online through a wired connection? Check out this help guide.