To bring your ALEX unit online through a wifi connection you’ll need the following:
- A local wifi network that meets ALEX’s network requirements and it’s password (if any);
- Your tablet (only with ALEX 2.0) or any other wifi enabled client device (smartphone, laptop, desktop, etc.);
If you haven’t done so yet, please try to bring your unit online as explained in Connecting ALEX PCS to Your Network .
If you’ve already tried that and ran into some difficulties here are a few things we kindly ask you to check:
1. Live wifi network
Verify that the wifi network you are connecting to does have a live signal as explained here.
No internet on your computer or laptop when connected to this wifi network? Kindly turn to your local IT specialists to ensure you have a live wifi network.
You have internet on the computer, it’s just ALEX that doesn’t seem to connect to it? Please review ALEX’s network requirements below.
2. ALEX’s network requirements
Check if the network you are trying to connect ALEX to meets the requirements for ALEX to operate on it by reviewing these information with your local IT specialist.
Once they’ve ensured these requirements are met try to bring ALEX online again.
3. Additional special settings on your network
Check with your local IT specialist if your chosen network has any special settings that would require additional authentication. If yes, please learn how to connect through a captive portal here, or with enterprise authentication here.
Or if your chosen network may be a hidden network. In this case, find some helpful tips here.
4. If the above steps haven’t resolved the issue, we kindly ask you to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help speed up the resolution, we greatly appreciate if In your inquiry you could include the following information for us:
- description of the issue (the more detail you provide the better );
- steps taken so far (live wifi network, network requirements, etc.);
- please provide us the results of our network test as explained here.