To bring your ALEX unit online through a wired connection you’ll need the following:
- a live ethernet port, with a network that supports ALEX PCS’s network requirements;
- a working ethernet cable
- Your tablet (only with ALEX 2.0) or any other wifi enabled client device (smartphone, laptop, desktop, etc.);
If you haven’t done so yet, please try to bring your unit online as explained in Connecting ALEX PCS to Your Network .
If you’ve already tried that and ran into some difficulties here are a few things we kindly ask you to check:
1. Live ethernet port
Verify that the ethernet port you you are hooking ALEX up to is live and working explained here.
No internet on your computer with that ethernet cable? Kindly turn to your local IT specialists to ensure you have a working port and / or that the ethernet cable is not faulty.
You have internet on the computer, it’s just ALEX that doesn’t seem to connect to it? Please review ALEX’s network requirements below.
2. ALEX’s network requirements
Check if the network you are trying to connect ALEX to meets the requirements for ALEX to operate on it by reviewing these information with your local IT specialist.
Once they’ve ensured these requirements are met try to bring ALEX online again.
3. If the above steps haven’t resolved the issue, we kindly ask you to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help speed up the resolution, we greatly appreciate if in your inquiry you could include the following information for us:
- description of the issue (the more detail you provide the better );
- steps taken so far (live ethernet port, cables, network requirements, etc.);
- please provide us the results of our network test as explained here.